Friday, November 4, 2011

Japan Silliness


We saw some crazy funny things in Japan.  Things that went well beyond Engrish.  For instance, have you ever seen me wear a pair of glasses this large and attractive before?

P1050420

This was at the airport/train station, so I am thinking it is meant to appeal to gaijin?

P1050335

Eddy is certainly an "old dude" although I am not sure I would describe him as "cool."

P1050352

This was at the sumo stadium.  They had a whole advertising campaign with this sumo wrestling poultry group.

P1050374

Japanese people love cut outs you can stick your face in for photographs.

P1050636

Yeah, so also, there was this whole brand of clothing called Edwin--stores everywhere.  Their moto is "Original wear styling at an exceptional value."  We didn't actually find this to be the case as everything there was super expensive.

P1050534

I am a trash talker.  So is this trash can.

P1050560

Also, when I was in Japan, I met my new love.  He kind of looks like Eddy, don't you think?

P1050602

Yeah, so we stayed at a ryokan where they provide yukata for you to wear.  Thank goodness, because Captain Duvet was getting kind of chilly that night.

9.31.2011

We also have lots of the good, old fashioned Engrish pictures if that's what you crave.  Just check out our Japan set on Flickr.  That's all for the Japan posts!

0 comments:

Post a Comment