Friday, January 11, 2013

A Secret Now that Only Fire Can Tell

Recently, Sir Edwin of Westbrook

DSCF0013

and Lady Rebecca of Westbrook

DSCF0015

went to a Hobbit premier party. Said premier party included costumes. I decided we should go as the one ring. So I did the nerdiest thing possible and I cut out a cardboard circle (in two parts so that we could each hold one side, duh).

DSCF9985

If you have keen eyes you will also notice that I was watching LOTR while I was making my Tolkien tribute craft. That's just how I roll. Next I painted the whole thing gold. Then I got serious about things and I copied the inscription from the book

DSCF0007

using gold glitter paint.

DSCF9993

DSCF9996

DSCF0002

Then we trounced about the theatre that night showing off our one ring,

DSCF0018

playing LOTR themed games with like-minded LOTR nerds,

DSCF0022

and donning authentic Hobbit 3D glasses (which we might or might not have made off with after the show).

DSCF0026

I am Lady Rebecca of Westbrook, queen of the craft nerds.

0 comments:

Post a Comment