Wednesday, December 9, 2009

Give a Hoot

I like to take my lunch on the fifth floor of the library. Today, seats were scarce because of finals here at UH. When I finally found a seat, my efforts were rewarded. There was a beautiful little owl roosting about 10 feet outside the window. I was kicking myself thinking of how I didn't have a camera with me--not even my phone--when I remembered that I take photographs for a living. I dashed downstairs to snag our digital SLR. Feast your eyes:

Now. This is a very special moment. It has long been thought that during the 1980s my dad resembled owls:

In this crappy photocopy of old half-tone newsprint, it might be difficult to appreciate the glasses. Allow me to assist:
Through the magic of Photoshop, we can draw this comparison even more clearly:

Mom--the only reason you were spared this treatment is because I don't have a photo of you in your owl specs readily available.

0 comments:

Post a Comment