Friday, March 1, 2013

Penguin Overload

Eddy and I recently did a quick trip to St. Louis.  We hung out with my family, sure.  We also ate all of our familiar and favorite things (except Ted Drewes, which was closed.  Curse them!  Despite the fact that it is February, I need frozen custard.  I need it!)  Here's Eddy at Bluehill, where we used to walk for dinner or drinks any old time we didn't feel like cooking when we were in grad school.

DSCF0316

Which was basically all the time.  True story.

But *most* importantly, we were able to spend a day at the zoo. They have the best penguin exhibit. I mean, really, the best. And I would know.

DSCF0309

That's right. Eddy bought me a penguin hat. As if I am a child. I am comfortable with that. We also visited our prairie dog friends.

DSCF0305

And there is an amazing, brand new sea lion exhibit since the last time we visited.

DSCF0299

DSCF0301

The snow leopards did amazingly cat-like things.

DSCF0296

Here's a picture of professor Joe and professor Eddy.

DSCF0294

And did I mention we saw the penguins?

DSCF0287

DSCF0283

Not once, but twice.

DSCF0290

DSCF0292

Penguins + Nicci 4ever.

0 comments:

Post a Comment