Friday, August 17, 2012

The 76 Year Quilt

Younger Nicci used to quilt.  Like a lot.  I haven't done it in awhile because, well, my time is now filled with Eddy, Norman, Rupert, Ada, work, traveling, house projects, bicycling...  you get the idea.  But recently I came across a pattern I just couldn't resist.  It'll be like this:

pillow

And it only requires about 37 million steps.

ironing

Eddy calculated the ironing alone will take 80 hours. Not to mention all the sewing... Here's my first batch of fabrics:

DSCF8941

Eddy also got me some nice new sewing tools so that I could speed quilt (ha!)--a new cutting mat and a new blade for my rotary cutter.

DSCF8944

You can watch the work unfold here on the blog (or whatever technology we are using 76 years from now when I finally finish this thing.)

0 comments:

Post a Comment